Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

lighten up

i'm not someone who puts a lot of thought into my hair. or at least i don't think i do. i've got dark hair - really dark hair - and whenever i highlight it, it ends up brassy. i gave up the highlights a couple of years ago because i was spending a small fortune on keeping them a normal color. i was having lunch with some blogger friends last week, and the discussion of blonde hair and all the woes that go along with finding just the right blonde came up. i work in an office full of blondies, so i finally understand all the different blondes you can be, just in listening to them go on and on.

when i color my hair, i go black, and i still might opt for that, but my blogger lunch dates recommended going light, a la kim kardashian, my celebrity-by-association crush.


i facebooked my stylist last night only to be ignored - ?? - i'm writing to inquire about taking my hair in a total direction; therefore, giving you lots of money, only to be ignored?? ridiculous. so, i called another salon and they told me that in order for me to go from drastic dark, a la kim kardashian as a brunette ...


i was going to have to come in and spend three to four hours waiting for some chemical to take my hair light. and it would be $50/hour. i guess $150 - 200 to make my hair light isn't that much, but what if i hate it? that's $150 - 200 down the drain for me to have to have them put back to dark. you all know how cheap i am.

what to do? thoughts?

3 comments:

Sole Matters said...

WHAT! Damn. I guess I got lucky having light hair naturally so that I can go lighter. Brooke goes to Toni & Guy (at gwinnett - amanda) and she said hers costs $100 flat. I know sometimes she goes to the perimeter location. She said: It takes 1 1/2 hrs to put all the foils in, then to process, wash, tone, wash again and dry. Keep in mind her hair is SUPER long though.

Ashley said...

Hmmmm. That's a LOT of money. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the light, but I am partial to your black hair. Plus, I don't think KK looks too great as a blond. All that being said, I have been thinking about going lighter, too. I have a stylist that I would trust to do anything to my hair, and she is fair in pricing. Maybe we should go together! Whacha think?

Not Used said...

This is a toughie. If you want it, I say commit and go for it. You only live once :)

I'm in for the hair trip with you and HiS too! I will need a good stylist/colorist fo sho.