Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

pretty girl swag

all i can say is thank goodness for long waits at the dentist office. i was randomly perusing a self magazine from a few months ago and came across the following gems that i had to share. please know that i will be testing each and every one of these products out.



first up, fuze healthy infuzions. i actually picked this up at the grocery store the other day, and me likey a lot. i opted for slenderize because i read it contains chromium and l-carnitine both promoting a faster and better metabolism (self magazine did have to tell me those things do that, and fuze's website explains it too!). i need that! i've gotten so used to my plain old water that i couldn't finish the whole bottle, which only has 20 calories, by the way. it's suprisingly tasty and sweet and delicious. a-plus in my book! i think this yumminess has graduated to a permanent spot in my fridge. it's also usually always on sale at kroger, so check it out!

l'oreal paris go 360 clean. when i saw this commercial i was excited, then this magazine tested it out and confirms it works and works well. i'm a dedicated user of noxema (make fun - i love the clean smell), so i needed a tester to confirm the little scrubber thing makes all the difference. i just purchased a new bucket of noxema, so it will be a while before i try this. if any of you have used this magic, leave a comment and tell me about it!


tarte multiplEYE primer. ya'll - i can't live without my primer. i usually get the mascara with the primer on the other end, but i've decided i want to just buy a big tube...the mascara always runs out before the primer and i'm forced to be wasteful (another confirmation for you - I am cheap). so...apparently tarte has a whole system, including a serum, for making lashes longer. the primer pretty much does the trick for me, so i won't be spending the $60-something on the serum. i will splurge for this $22 tube of primer and let you know how it goes.

the most exciting thing on my list is this pair of farmacell milk shorts. my problem areas includes my thighs, butt and stomach pooch - these shorts were made for me. i will sacrifice the sexy to experience the proven results from these shorts. blurb from bliss::

You can ‘milk’ these shorts for all they’re worth—and considering they moisturize, smooth, stimulate circulation and detoxify, that’s quite a bit.

Made with a revolutionary natural yarn derived from milk proteins, they’re designed to help diminish the appearance of those dastardly cellulite dents while you sleep. (Hey, who wouldn’t want to wake up looking a bit more ‘skim’?) With a high waist that lets your belly get in on the bod-bettering action.

where have these things been all my life?? they are $69, and i think that's a small price to pay to finally win the battle against thigh and ass dimples.

all of this fab info was found in this issue of self magazine ::



pretty girl in 5....4....3....2......1

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Great post!

I use the Loreal 360 Clean and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I bought the peach color one-I believe it contains an exfoliate-and I have been very pleased. Gotta love the little cleaning disk too :)

rachaelgking said...

I've never tried mascara primer before! Putting it on my list...

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

I wonder how those milk shorts compare to Spanx? Have you tried Spanx or Assets?
Great tips all around! I have to read self more!

McMel said...

mmm, fuze is pretty darn good!!

and i must know how you like those shorts! i gained all my baby weight in my tummy, hips & belly- i have a tank to suck me in, but it doesn't always do what it's supposed to + i can't wear anything with a low neckline. they look kinda awkward though- that's why i didn't the assets too much

A said...

les - thanks for commenting. i'm definitely trying this facewash next

lilu - um...you'll never be able to wear mascara without it again!

lar - you sleep in these. it's the lazy girl way of attempting to finally rid myself of thigh dimples. the tester in self says it works. i'll buy into anything if it allows me to be lazy.

mcmel - i'll let you know. i need to go ahead and order them! i've heard the brooke burke belly band thing is supposed to work for after baby belly weight...have you heard of that? i haven't even started trying to have a child, and i've thought about ordering it just in case i somehow forget when the time comes. as i've gotten older, i've started carrying more weight around my stomach...grrr, age.

Ashley said...

Soooo, Tarte cosmetics will be featured on Gilt this Friday! You may be able to get your primer a bit cheaper!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Visit www.theclothing.net to buy Designer Clothes, Heeled Sandals, ecoSkin, Bootcut Jeans, Two Piece, Rings, Sunglasses, Miscellaneous, Clutches, Mary L Couture, Sleepwear Bottoms, High Heel Boots, Sexy, Designer Apparel, Faviana Couture, Boots, Fashion Clothes on sale designed by Beyond Vintage, AG Denim Jeans -Adriano Goldschmied, Carol Marie, Vitamin A Silver/White, Genetic Denim, Carol Marie, Modern Vintage Shoes - always on sale!