Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I now crown thee queen...chunk

that's right. chunk. remember when i said i was going to go on a diet called "stop eating so much"? well, i did, but it's apparently not working.

actually, i take that back because eating a small salad...drenched in green goddess dressing, no less...for lunch and mexican for dinner gets you nowhere but chunkier.

with our fridge being out (yes it's still out. the repairman came, but didn't have the part, which was confusing to me too. especially considering the issue was discovered on saturday and the repairman with the truck full of parts came yesterday because he's supposed to have the f*cking parts. but whatever. he didn't have it, so he rigged the fridge to work, but all of our food is at my grandmother's house keeping in her freezer.) the husband and i are eating out every night. sunday night we went to chilis and i ordered the margarita grilled chicken (i think that's the 500 calorie dish with the black beans, right?), but my stomach was eating a hole in my back because i hadn't eaten since my waffle that morning, so we also ordered chips and salsa and ate it like it was our last meal. last night we planned on having dinner out, but i was really thinking we could go somewhere where i could grab a salad, but everyone knows that salads at restaurants are like 1000 calories, so i caved when the husband said "let's just go grab mexican" because the mexican restaurant is the closest yummy establishment to our house. so we did, and instead of getting a taco or two, i got the f*cking chicken nachos drenched in queso (which there really wasn't enough queso if we're going to be picky - hello, chunk! - but i corked it because seriously? what is wrong with me?).

i begrudgingly took my ass (that is now eating the seat of the bike) to spin this morning. it was a real treat to watch my upper thigh jiggle as i sprinted for my life. stop the madness.

so, since the stupid refrigerator isn't fixed, i guess we'll be eating out again - and we have mexican dinner with friends on wednesday (this mexican restaurant is a small journey from our house, but their queso dip with crushed jalapenos is heaven on earth. i'll die chunky and happy before i ever pass on this particular queso. even the husband, who's violently lactose intolerant, can't say no.) i'm going to suggest to the husband that we just eat sandwiches. because seriously? and if he has a problem with that, he can go grab his own fried dinner because this is getting ridiculous. i clearly have zero self control when it comes to dinner outside of the house (sometimes even inside of the house - i told you my grandmother sent me home with a cake! balls!)

so until i pull it together, i'm going to proudly wear my crown. i love crowns. i hope this one's adorned with a golden donut. speaking of donuts.....

4 comments:

McMel said...

sounds like me every day of my life. luckily, bfing allows me an extra 500 calories a day. bring. it. on.

i don't have self-control either. it's tough

Erica said...

Speaking of chunk, that queso dip sounds delicious! You need to tell me where that mexi restaurant is! Yumm...

Oh, and I definitely don't even know what self control means.

Unknown said...

I've eaten out every day this week myself. It's so much easier when Adam's out of town. Tuesday- pizza, yesterday- Chinese, today- hmmmm.....all the possibilities! ;)

As a side note, I did purchase the Bethenny Frankel yoga dvd and I do plan to use it......eventually.

LK said...

Long live the Queen! (However, I think you may just be the princess. I might be the Queen. Maybe you can be Vice Queen. VQ for short. I just took down almost an entire bag of Baked Cheetos.)