Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

mondays are for the random

  • my refrigerator's broken. another joy of homeownership is obviously having to pay who knows how much to fix it, and also deal with the soggy wrath it's released on our floors.
  • last week we ran into some problems with the husband's schedule and our beach trip. we had to cancel. promptly pitched massive fit and rescheduled for october. hopefully, it will still be tropical enough then.
  • trueblood. (if you haven't watched last night's ep, don't read? I guess?) do i need to say anything else? of course alcide is the pretty white wolf. i thought i was going to fall off the couch when he came running, naked, after tara. um...hellllo.
  • i haven't watched mad men yet. the husband switched around my dvr and scheduled it to record the midnight showing. i swear, if he recorded the wrong one, i will cut him.
  • saturday is the husband's birthday. he'll be 29. i haven't gotten him anything yet because he told me not to (long story, but he kind of bought one for himself). it's his last birthday in his 20's and i want it to be memorable. what the hell should i do? he doesn't excite easily...unless i take him to the laser show or something...
  • i hit sephora on my way home last week, and the associate hooked me up with some mattifier for my face along with some smashbox primer that fights oil build up. i was looking like a hot, greasy mess at the end of every day (i'm a face in my hands kind of person). she also suggested i try sephora's line of foundation/powder. i have to say, i'm kind of liking all of it. my makeup looks smooth and clean and i don't have to cake on foundation! It's also cheaper than the mac studio fix, which is what i've used for years. maybe my skin needed a change.

1 comment:

Mrs. Potts said...

Change is good. I have had to switch up makeup in the last few years and it has made a difference in my skin. Either that or I'm just getting damn old.

TrueBlood. LOVE IT. Nothing else to say there.
Well, there is...YUM!