Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

get me out of here

only because today's a half day, and homegoods is calling my name before traffic gets terrible.

i could stay in downtown all day and report back the fun-ness that is happening here. DragonCon is in full swing, and they DON'T mess around.

last night, the husband and i went to the braves game.
i ate at meehan's with my girlfriend for lunch, so i was trying to not completely blow my diet by getting a chargrilled salad from chick-fil-a. i ended up having to give up on the gross salad about two bites in, and moved on to the wine hubby brought. two small glasses while tailgating turned into a bacardi and diet coke once inside the stadium, that then turned into a giant piece of cheese pizza, then another glass of wine.

i'm hungover today.

and i feel kind of gross. naturally.

when we got home, our high maintenance dogs were all over us to play. i headed straight for bed only to wake up at 3 am to mia, little pig dog, howling in the back yard. waking up and actually getting out of bed is the worst thing in the middle of the night. i swear, it takes me forever to get back to sleep - so when my alarm went off at 5:45, I reset it for six, then snoozed until 6:20. as i was peeling myself out of bed, mia vomited all over the bed, in the sheets, on the floor - narrowly missing my phone and me. m#*th$%eff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm hungover! tired! hungover! zitty! hungover! headache! and now cleaning up vomit - laced with loropetalum leaves. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. oh, and cleaning my carpet - with the effing little green. (no, she's not sick. she's hungry because she's on a diet, so she eats POOP and leaves and throws it up 100% of the time she eats it. can we say stubborn?)

why do dogs love to eat this?

this catpults me into a rage - very unbecoming - the husband had already left for work, and i'm screaming profanities at the top of my lungs.

i needed breakfast.

coffee made my tummy hurt.

mia's vomit made me dry heave.

truthfully, the best part about today has been driving into downtown to the people attending DragonCon. ..and my breakfast of veggie eggs, sausage, tater tots, grits and mr. pibb from cafe moma. deeeeelish.

happy friday, folks. let's all have a good long weekend!




may the force be with you.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

hahaha...i must say - you are most hilarious when you are angry.

sorry for the hangover...hope today speeds by for you.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, friend. Sophie May has been quite the puker herself these days! She puked on Aaron's playplace 3 times yesterday, and in my parent's bed last weekend. It's still so gross, even if it is dog puke.

Enjoy your long weekend!

Anonymous said...

Very Interesting!
Thank You!

Not Used said...

Ahhhhh that is the WORST when they barf. I just gagged thinking about it.

Is it easy to bring a flask into the Braves games? I am going tonight and I kinda wanted to BYOB.