Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

waiting for the chill - work wear wish list pt. 2

i work with a bunch of women, and everyone's stylish.  it's fun - we're always swapping ideas and inspiration.  i've listed some of my favorite picks from my top sites.  some of these will make their way under a blazer or two...


1.  solange knit sweater - asos
i loved the silky-chiffon sleeves on this top.  i'm a sucker for all things exaggerated this season.  i find myself picking up pieces with slighly dramatic shoulders.  i like the structure it brings to an otherwise plain outfit. 

2.  hawks by geren ford silk ruffle top - urban outfitters
i'm trying to get away from the ruffle trend, but it keeps finding me.  clearly, ruffles are not going away any time soon, so i should just embrace it without making my whole wardrobe one giant ruffle.

3.  motel erin blouse - urban outfitters
hold the phone - polka dots made the wishlist!  i really like this top with the gold buttons.  it's so feminine and fun, and polka dotted!  polka dots done right, in my opinion.

4.  horizontal ruffle top - forever 21
i'd wear this with my high-waisted skirt.

5.  oh captain, my captain top - modcloth
yes, it's kind of summery, but i don't care.  i love this.  it would be adorable.  it's out of stock on modcloth's website right now - because it's fall - but i'd love to pick it up for next spring/summer.

6.  fitted button up top - asos
i don't wear button ups because my boobs are just slightly too big for the tops to fit right everywhere else.  i wore my fitted white button up to work the other day, and as i was walking into the building, i noticed, out of the corner of my eye, this guy staring at me...i turned and looked, and he was staring, mouth hanging open...looking into my shirt through the space between the buttons that my boobs were pulling open (this was at like 8:30 in the morning, people...it's too early to be a pervert).  it's like one inch of side boob that's really not all that attractive anyway.  needless to say, the shirt was promptly safety pinned together once i made it to the office.  i feel like i could get away with going the size up on this top because the bottom has the cute pleat detail that can always be belted to look more structured...

7.  at the vanity top - modcloth
pretty.  feminine.  i want.

8.  cowl neck ruffle top - asos
i like this because it would look great under a blazer and great when i strip my blazer off at 3pm because my office is 85 degrees.  this is finding it's way into my closet this year.


pretty!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love that motel erin blouse. It's on my wishlist too. Big surprise :)

Kristen said...

i love the polka dot shirt!!!