Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

a good day to rant

i can't focus today. instead of knocking out all of the emails in my inbox, i'm perusing perez hilton and coco perez catching up on all the celebrity dirt.

celebrities are ridiculous.

i buy into their shenanigans just like the rest of the country, but i wish i didn't. most of them are stupid people who don't deserve the attention, and the rest of them are clawing at the walls trying to maintain a somewhat normal life - quite unsuccessfully.

reading perez catapults me into full-on rant writing.

  • for starters, lady gaga
wtf?

what is wrong with her? this is just...disgusting. first of all, she's apparently relaxing a little after the monster ball. she's still teeny, but she's not dressing her fuller-teeniness in the most flattering way. ripped up fishnets and fishnet cropped shirts are not attractive...on anyone. and that is poor placement of hair extensions...or i guess a poor camouflage job. i'll be the first to tell you that i squealed and jumped up and down at the opportunity to see her on tour last december, but she's taken quite a fall from fabulous in my eyes. pull it together, girl.

  • the whole kim kardashian/justin bieber friendship....is ridiculous (and maybe kind of creepy).

i love kim k. i really do. she's so pretty and seems nice enough, but the pairing up with justin bieber? i just don't get it. the get up was for elle magazine, and the article will be called the graduate. is he even one of those yet? doubt it.

  • this isn't about celebrities, but it hit close to home...seriously - this is gross...

cockroach pendants. this could be the pony roach that once called my bathroom home. the idea of this makes me want to vomit for days.

while some of you may look at this and love it, i just don't. cockroaches are among the scariest creatures on earth. the girl in the photos can be found at this cute blog that you should definitely check out despite her slightly yucky love for bugs (somebody's gotta do it).

  • fantasia's situation is the perfect example of "you can't fix stupid."
making a sex tape is never a good idea. for one, i'm pretty sure it's all very unsexy unless choreographed, and furthermore, when you're a celeb, it's gonna get out. period. when the guy says "hey baby, let's get this on tape" and you're fantasia, you say "nah babe - you married and i'm famous." she was never pegged as the smart one, so i guess all we can say is that we hope she can pull through her aspirin coma and move on. another lesson learned.

stay tuned!

4 comments:

Erica said...

This post cracks me up! Lady Gaga is seriously a hot mess these days. Sure, I have her songs on my gym mix, and they are fun to listen to, but she takes her weirdness to a whole other level. Ever since she "hung" herself on the MTV stage and had fake blood all over herself while singing Paparazzi. I still don't see the connection.

And Bieber/Kim stuff? Weird, I agree. They keep talking about it on the Bert Show in the morning, and it cracks me up. First of all, she got DEATH threats when they first announced their "friendship" from 13 year old tweens! I would be scared if I were her. His fans don't mess around.

Cockroaches. Enough said.

That's all! Happy humpday!

-Erica

Unknown said...

I agree... love Gaga's music, but I'm kinda iffy on her now... It seems like she might have snorted a few too many lines of coke. Perez always gets me all pissy though, when I read some of the shit famous peopl do it just irks me! & cockroach jewelry = so wrong!

Anonymous said...

OK, that pendant is just too much. I can deal with butterflies, but I definitely draw the line with roaches. Gah-ross.

I don't read Perez too often, I am too in love/hate with Michael K who writes Dlisted.com. He is either cracking me up or icking me out. I can't quit him though. ☺

Misty Michelle said...

HAHA! Can you imagine a cockroach pendant??? BLAH!!!! Those things gross me out more than ANYTHING!!!