Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

pull it together pt I

at 28, i'm more of a disaster after too many drinks than i was at 22. maybe because at 22, it was sort of my lifestyle, and now, at my ripe old age, when i'm confronted with an open bar, i get a little too excited at all the possibilities.

last night, at our friends' engagement soiree, after countless kettle one vodka, sprite/splash of cranberries, i did the following ::
  • got tipsy before the ceremony even began
  • called good friends' step-mom who's always been called amy, kelly. all night. even told people who didn't know her name, that her name was kelly. her name is amy.
  • fell off my heels
  • did the diwali dance from the office
  • got in trouble by hilton employees for using the back of the house as my secret restroom shortcut
  • gave the husband one of my besties number for him to call her at 2a.m. to discuss our trip to perry in october to see miranda lambert (she answered, and she loves him - it was all good)
  • ate a cheeseburger, fries and fried calamari at 2:15a.m.
  • attempted to take "red snapper" shot, ordered by the husband who does not drink liquor. failed miserably, ordered wine.
  • walked back to hotel in questionable area - picture the scene of a drive by shooting - yup, that was us, walking back.
some pictures from the evening...


couple of the hour

of course

stupid red snappers

there were no celebs here, trust.


i'm never drinking again.


8 comments:

Charming Wife said...

Hilarious. Agreed, open bars are just an invitation for trouble. Love your posts!

Charbelle said...

Oh my goodness I so agree, at 22 it's your lifestyle once past 25 not so much. You are gorgeous and this post made me laugh!!! Glad ya'll had fun!!

Mrs. Potts said...

Something about aging & the way it changes your ability to drink just hurts. I mean, really, we should be able to drink like we're 22 & not feel like we're 50 the next day!

LK said...

Um, I think the moral of this story should be "Let's binge drink more often" because that night sounds like a BLAST. Kudos. Next time, invite me.

Erica said...

I love the picture third from the bottom - that is classic! I have a serious feeling, even though I don't know you, that "I'm never drinking again" is a giant lie. This is because I say this on a weekly or biweekly basis and I have yet to actually quit.. :)

-E

Kim said...

Ha. I love the "did the dewali dance from the office" one. Love it.

A said...

Charming Wife - thank you for commenting! glad you enjoy!

Charbelle - thank you!! we did have a blast - can't do it too often.

Mrs. Potts - it's depressing.

LK - you are correct. we could easily turn our frowns upside down and re-make this our lifestyle.

E - giant lie. because as hungover as i was last night, i still wanted a giant glass of wine with my bubble bath.

Kim - i was hoping someone would know what i was talking about. there's def a picture of the husband doing it on FB. :)

Emily Jo said...

So many things made me laugh out loud from this post...

"did the Dewali dance from The Office" Nicely done.

There is a shot called the Red Snapper? Wosers! My friend's hubby has called me that for years. Who knew?

Sounds like you had fun... Love the pics. You are a doll as usual!