Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

the boot

the husband and i are going to see miranda lambert at the georgia national fair this october.


i kind of love her. what i love even more is when all the rednecks on facebook put the opening lyrics of "only prettier" on their facebook status, but that's neither here nor there.

anyway - my besties are going to be there, and i'm so excited to be able to morph a girls night into time also spent with the husband. good times! like any other event i attend, i have to be properly dressed, and i thought there would be no better place for me to wear some shiny new cowboy boots. i've been browsing boots for a couple of years now, but refuse to pay more than $150 because i'm cheap.

i've scouted a few websites and these are some of the options i've come up with :::

these high heel babies are great. i love the round toe, and i'll wear them more because i'm always perched atop some high heels. i'm not a flat wearer. i found these at zappos. roper - $164


i'm kind of liking the cropped boot here. the dark brown is fun; although, i might prefer a camel. rocket dog sheriff - $59.95

these are kind of the front runners. i love love them! dingo - $109

taller boots tend to swallow me. i'm 5'2, and my legs are short tree trunks. these look like they'd come up to my knees, and that would look gross. sm plablo - $119

Italicthese i'm not too sure about. i think it's the wonky way the model has her feet. anyway - they are wanted - $74


which ones are your faves? we have plenty of time, and by the time it rolls around, i'm sure i'll have even more options.

Well I've been saved by the grace of Southern charm
I got a mouth like a sailor and yours' is more like a Hallmark card
If you wanna pick a fight, Well I'm gonna have to say goodnight
I don't have to be hateful, I can just say Bless. your. heart.


yeeehaw!

9 comments:

Kim said...

I saw her at Lilith this summer and she was pretty good. I think you're in for a good show.

Ashley said...

The Dingo ones are my fave. Hands down. Love the little belt detail. So pumped for ML!

Unknown said...

Love her! You can borrow my boots if ya want, friend. ;)

Morgan said...

I just want you to be prepared that the Perry fair is not a very fashionable event. I think t-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes will be the norm:)
My vote is for the first pair!

A said...

Kim - i'm excited!

HiS - of course they are! we have the exact same taste in everything. yippee!

Hayley - hmmm.....i do like yours a lot.

Morgan - i'm pretty prepared, but you know i don't miss out on an opportunity to dress up for something. you say country, i say cowboy boots.

NatDavis said...

I'm only a recent country music fan... but I do love her! I'm also going to the concert and way pumped! Love all these boots... and I'm with you on the price! I also love the Dingos best!

Mommara said...

#3 for sure. So cute.

JPO said...

I like the Dingo's. I think I may have to steal your find and go grab me a pair too

McMel said...

dingo's are my fave as well! so cute!