Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

rando time!

  • the president's in my hood. or my work hood, and i'd like to blow this place before his motorcade effs traffic all to hell and back.
  • i re-joined weight watchers yesterday. the stretch marks on my hips were the final straw. i'm apparently growing at a rapid speed, and i've decided to get it under control before it's too out of control.
  • i'm kind of over work today. my hangover has decided to take two days to get out of my system.
  • because of the above bullet, i'm doing minimal work.
  • tomorrow will be my bitch.
  • seems my father is coming to town to visit, and he'd like to "work on our relationship." i don't get into too many details about it because it's a long drawn out story that's not that interesting. i wish i could say that it was all beaver cleaver, but definitely not. i also wish i could say that i'm pumped, but the feeling is mostly neutral.
  • i'm going to start a serious marketing campaign at work tomorrow. i mean, serious. hopefully the pain and sound of my stomach growling won't be easily heard over the phone.
  • trueblood ended 10 minutes early last night. it also ended in a really juicy spot. hbo, you did this once last season - i remember because i pitched a holy fit right there. let's take up the whole time slot please. on notice until next week.
  • i fell asleep for the last 20 or so minutes of mad men. hitting up my dvr tonight for the rest. i trust that amc did not skeeze us out of the last 10.
  • the husband's birthday was saturday. i was going to write a birthday post, and i might write a belated birthday post depending on my plan. we were busy from the time we woke up until bed at 3:30 sunday morning. the husband doesn't enjoy going to the movies, but he asked to go see a movie on saturday. what did he suggest we see? dinner for schmucks. i'll never get those two hours back. i do not recommend; husband, however, was rolling on the floor. he. loved. it. ..so i guess mission accomplished?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love it when you make a day your bitch. You're so damn good at it.

Erica said...

1 - I lived/worked in DC during the Bush administrations. I can't tell you how many times I shook my fist at that motorcade. First, because he was inside. Second, because it made me late for work (or happy hour).

2 - Looove love love MAD MEN. Hope you're enjoying the drama (Don's a hot mess! Sally's gonna get yanked by Bets) of Season 4 as much as I am. In fact, if you care to help a sista out, I would really appreciate your vote here ...
http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/RTVBSG

Cheers!