Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

case of the mondays

  • things at the office are a little tense today. i work in a team environment, but sometimes it gets a little competitive. one of my co-workers is highly competitive by nature, and when things go wrong in her world and right in mine, the claws kind of come out. i really hate that about my job because, really, when shit's going good in her world, i might kind of hate her a little inside, but i certainly don't show it. i can't help that i'm kind of on top of my game right now....
  • i purchased sally hansen's salon manicure in yellow kitty and had my nails freshly manicured. i kind of hate it on my fingers. i think it would look better on darker skin or much lighter skin. my skin has too many yellowish undertones. not to mention, the brush in this particular line of polish is ginormous and throws off the nail people every time resulting in terrible coverage and overall clumsiness. i think this polish will have to be saved for the toes or when i'm reallllly tanned, because i'm real yellow all winter long.


  • i've said before that i'm in a constant state of hot flash, so getting ready in the morning, especially at the gym, is uncomfortable because i usually just get ready in my towel. earlier this summer while i was buying everything in target, i came across these little cover ups and picked it up. perfect for getting ready in the morning and even better for the gym...i love my striped one so much that i went back to target last week to see if they still had them, and lucky for me, they did. i had to get this unfortunate leopard print because the other stripes were out of my size, but happy day. it stays up while i'm getting ready and i stay cool. the best $14.99 i've spent!



  • i'm having some issues with the wires connecting my amp in my car. i'm not even sure if i need the stupid amp, and at this point, i'm ready to sell it. during my excruciatingly long commute, i need the radio. so when the damn wires come unhooked - in the trunk - because the tightwad person who owned the car before me ripped out the "high dollar connectors" and replaced them with electrical tape, i get realllll pissed off. the wires have come unhooked several times in the past week, so this morning, i was ass up in my trunk, at quiktrip, rewiring the amp and getting all the cords to stay together. if nothing else, i guess i'm learning more useless information.
  • did anyone watch last night's episode of trueblood? i need to talk it out with someone...wow.
  • knock on wood, the husband is doing much better. back to normal, so that's nice. with that being said, this week is my bitch.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad the hubby is doing better. I used to have a towel-thing like the one you bought. Now I wonder what happened to it.

Unknown said...

I love that little cover up!
And I found that I HATE the Sally Hansen nail polish because of that stupid huge brush they have in it! I don't get why they would change it up like that?!

JPO said...

I love the nail color and my skin is savage dark now from my va-ca. I'll have to go get it!