Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

mondays are for the random pt II

image via
  • i hurt my back this past saturday loading a ginormous bag of dog food into the trunk of my car.  lord help, i'm dying right now.  how old am i again?
  • i totally almost got into another bad car accident this saturday.  i was in a hurry, stopped for a fresco taco, and then totally slung my taco into the dash of my car swerving to miss a wannabe bentley that was so suddenly in my lane.  do you know how hard it is to get pico de gallo out of AC vents?  it was seriously a total miracle that we did not hit.  the swervage was promptly followed by a complete mental breakdown. 
  • me and the boss lady determined my last day of work - i get two days of decompression before i start the new job.  i'm ready for those two days - totally checked out.
  • the husband and i went to our friends house for a GA/FL party Saturday afternoon.  it was a mixture of people, some we knew and some we didn't.  yesterday when i spoke to my girlfriend about her party's success, she said that one of her friends didn't "get a read" on whether or not i liked her.  then she went on to mention that i come across as kind of bitchy if you don't know me.  while this isn't exactly new news, it's something i haven't heard about since college - and this time, the overall impression was totally unwarranted seeing as there wasn't really any opportunity for me and the friend to talk.  i guess i'm just worried about it because a) i'm going into a new job, and coming across as a bitch is kind of terrible and can't happen and b) if i come across as a bitch before i even extend my hand to meet you, shit, i'm in the wrong business.
  • in addition to above bullet, i was kind of in a weird mood on saturday.  i felt rushed and strung out...so i guess that could have something to do with it...and lately when i get drunk, i have no filter.
  • i purchased myself some new workout shoes this weekend.  ya'll, i haven't purchased a new pair of tennis shoes since college.  terrible.  now, let's just hope this new pair of shoes will motivate me to get in the gym this week!
  • speaking of gyms, my new company pays toward their employees' gym memberships.  turns out, there's a swanky gym in my new building, and my new company was supposedly the main reason the gym moved in (hopefully this means they offer an employee rate) - anywhooo - they offer a 6:15 spin class every morning.  you know how i've been freaking out about making it to work on time?  i think i've discovered my answer.  the new gym will supposedly take care of everything for you, so all i have to do is roll out of bed and remember to bring work clothes. 
  • which brings me to my next idea - should i buy special spinning shoes??
  • oh oh oh!  how many times can i say 'totally' in one post.  geeeeeeez..............

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love that image. It totally describes how I feel today (and every Monday for that matter).

I hope your back is feeling better. I swear by chiropractic, so just a thought.

Charbelle said...

I agree with the chiropractor suggestions for your back!!
OK let me point something out, if you lived in a city other than Atl, and you went to the same party in a city that was not in the South, in all likelihood you would not have been considered a bitch, just saying.
I completely hate when cars decide that they want to be in my lane regardless of whether or not my car is in the spot where they are trying to move, and this is happening more often and it freaks me out!!

Unknown said...

Well, let's see: I have had plenty of times to "get a read" on you, and I think you're pretty FAB, my friend. :)

Speaking of workout shoes, I've heard the Reebok Easytones are pretty great. Supposedly they push your ass up as you exercise. Anything that's going to make what's hanging down, push up, is pretty marvelous in my book!