Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

bare minerals

feels like i'm about two years late on this...but i switched to bare minerals makeupi mentioned before that i switched from mac's studio fix that i've used since high school to sephora's line of foundation powder that quickly lost it's luster...

it all started with a short trip to sephora to grab some bronzer and new brushes.  i picked up what i thought was the bare minerals bronzer my friend suggested.  turns out, i was walking around with the brand's form of concealer.
after discussing alternatives, the sephora girl sold me on the starter kit...


i needed new brushes, which i got, and bronzer, which she assured me was included - with it's own special name.  i've been swirling, tapping and buffing for a week now, and i think i like it...all for about $60!

i'm addicted to my smashbox photo finish light primer, and the associate at sephora admitted it was probably better than bare minerals' option.  
  

i rarely buy into a whole makeup line, but they have several eye trios i'm looking at... this may just be the winner. 

i also picked up their eyelid primer.  it was on sale for $9, and the associate said people were buying it in bulk - i can't decide if i like it or not...



i'm still a huge believer in mac's prep and prime for eyes...not so much for the face...


so, who else is a devoted bare minerals user?  actually, what are the products in your make up bag that you DO NOT run out of? 

3 comments:

McMel said...

i have tried mineral makeup before (not bare minerals) and i always feel like i'm not wearing makeup- like you can't even tell i put makeup on, and that i don't like. maybe it was just the brand i used. also, my face can be dry, and i feel like w\ mineral i'm putting dry on dry sometimes.

i used to use mary kay, but i'm an admitted drug store makeup user, and right now i can't be without physicians formula healthy wear tinted moisturizer

Kim said...

The one time I tried it in the store, it looked awful on me. It showed every line and (yes) hair on my face. I don't know if it's because I have dry skin or what.

Slightly Undone said...

LOVE the Photo Finish, and still addicted to the Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer. I've tried the Smashbox Eye Primer too, but Lorac is still the best for me.