Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

short & sweet

  • i started my new job today.  can i just say that i caught myself smiling...all giddy and ridiculous...in the middle of orientation several times.  when it was my turn to stand up and tell the group how i landed at the new company, i clapped and hopped.  yes. i. did. enthusiastic much? 
  • seriously, i feel like i'm a little more excited that most people to have gotten this job (no one else hopped or clapped in orientation today) - but, people, it's a BIG deal.  did i mention, if i did want to leave in a few years, my resume is pretty much set?  whhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
  • my first-day-at-new-company outfit had too many ruffles.  ruffle cardi, ruffle button up, skinny belt and high-waisted skirt.  about three different trends threw up on me today. tomorrow i promise to tone it down.
  • the husband did not go to the game saturday.  we proceeded to fight a fight that deserves a spot in our top five fights over a football game.  truthfully, he should have just gone.  
  • we're all good now - we decided it wasn't worth being mad over after we spent entirely too long being mad.
  • i didn't decorate for christmas this past weekend - this weekend, it's happening.  CAN'T WAIT!
image from here

4 comments:

Charbelle said...

YAY for the new job, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I love this "we're all good now - we decided it wasn't worth being mad over after we spent entirely too long being mad" may I someday find someone who I can have this with!!! I can't believe it's time to decorate for Christmas!!

rachaelgking said...

Awww, so happy for you. I can only hope this is me somewhere in the near future :-)

McMel said...

he's way better off that he didn't go. that game sucked.

good luck with the new job!

Slightly Undone said...

YAY, YOU! I just seat-hopped for you :)