Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

i can make it

  • it might surprise you that even though today is my thursday, i'm managing to be in a less than stellar mood.  this was also the general attitude i had yesterday.  i'm 100% over it, and when i get like this, i'm one bad cold call away from a total hissy fit. 
  • this morning my commute was a total debacle.  it's days like today when i should have the right to turn my car around and go back to bed and start over.  i wasn't even five miles from my house when i saw a school bus narrowly miss running over the honda in front of me.  children went flying.  i'm talking - FLYING.  my {imaginary} children will NEVER ride the bus.  this happens just after news of a school bus accident yesterday leaving a child dead.  i remember when i rode the bus (for like one year), there were no seatbelts...seriously?  put seatbelts in the bus!  i don't know for certain, but i bet that kid this morning went face first into the dash.  
  • can school buses really not go in reverse?  husband, if you're reading this, you've succeeded in making me potentially look like a total idiot, but i love you anyway. :) 
  • where is master p?  he didn't get pinched, did he?   "i got the hookup, holla if you hear me"
  • my week is looking like i'll have candidates interviewing both days i'm out of the office.  i'm happy....i really am...but damnit, can't i just VACATION???  
  • i'm excited about this...not the giveaway (because i never win anything), but the line.  bring on a satchel!  if any of you readers happen to be good at winning things, go "like" target on facebook, and enter to win! 


  • it's cold in atlanta, ya'll.  i'm excited about a return to 80 degree temps this weekend and a little time out in the sun - then fall/winter can take over.  once we're home, i'm taking on the yard.  
  • would any of my atlanta readers want to join some networking groups with me?  i have a slight insecurity about networking by myself, so anyone who isn't my competition, but would like to also make contacts, hit me up.  
this is all for now... my readers have skipped out on me - i've even lost a follower.  i didn't think that happened.  

5 comments:

Kim said...

It kinda sucks that you can't just click your mind into vacation when you leave for the day tomorrow. But it is a good thing that you have candidates being interviewed, so I guess it's a toss up.

Mrs. Potts said...

I'm jealous of your vacation & hope you can focus on that, not on the interviews. Although I hope the interviews will go well for your candidates!

Erica said...

I'm a reader and I'm still here! As for the bus going in reverse, I am 99% certain that they can! I grew up in a cul-de-sac, and our bus had to turn around in it after dropping kids off (think Austin Powers in that little car.. back and forth until you are out) So it definitely reversed...

Hang in there - almost vacay!!

Charbelle said...

I'm still here but barely, food poisoning is awful!!
I hope you have a marvelous vacation!! I thought about you this weekend, I ran the ATL 13.1, the weather was AMAZING!!! The houses OH MY WORD!!!! We started off at Oglethorpe and ran in this huge loop, those hills are just MEAN!!!!

Ashley said...

My mood has been heinous all week, especially today. I just might have to go downstairs and throw something at my neighbors. Plus school is taking over 100% of my life this week, and it's my bday. Total suckfest.

In other news, I miss you, would love to see you, and will def join some networking groups with you. You should join IFB!