Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

is it too early for this?

me and the husband don't usually have big christmases.  we'll get each other a little something, but we usually just buy things for ourselves as we need them - how romantic.  i think we're going to do it differently this year.  this year will be a throwback to the good old dating years when we spent all of our money on each other all the time.

i have a plan for him - - but i'm not sure how often he checks this, so i'm not going to say anything.  i just don't know if he has a plan for me.  i caught a hint that he's been thinking about getting me the kindle (i think he came up with it by himself.  love it), and i love that idea (the kindle with wifi, just to specify *wink*)...but i also love the idea of owning my very own ipad...

you all may not know that i am a closet mac lover.  like....i love apple.  i try not to be one of those people who loves it too much - like those people who purchase an ipod shuffle then put the sticker on their car and hang out at the apple store all day (hi!  if you're reading from apple!).  truthfully, the reason i love it so much is purely aesthetic.  it's pretty.  and clean.  and clutter free.  and the dock, dashboard, dragging capabilities, apple shift f4, the list goes on...it's love.  when the husband and i were on the hunt for a new computer, i was really cheering for mac, but my argument lost when the computer we purchased was $500 less than the basic macbook with nothing on it.  so, long story longer than ever.....i want an ipad.  this way, i'll have macness and an e-reader all in one.  it's a win-win!  but....at least $200 more than the kindle....errr...

so, readers, what do you think?  do some of you have ipads?  kindles?  what are your thoughts?  give it to me straight.  my first big commission check (i.e. in two years when the market turns), i'll buy myself a macbook as a celebratory and now-you-can-work-from-home gift (i wonder if the ipad will link up to my office network?? - something to look into).

what do you guys think?

OR
that is the question....

2 comments:

JD said...

One of my friends is OBSESSED with her Kindle:
http://kindleliciousreads.com/about/

She's pregnant now and a little miserable so reading isn't really working these days, but she LOVES the thing.

Mrs. Potts said...

No - never too early!

I have a second generation & love it. I just got Mr. Potts one (a 3rd gen) & he loves it.

There was a blurb in one of my magazines ranking the Kindle, Sony Reader, Nook & another one I don't remember.

Hands down, the vote was for the Kindle.

The iPad is backlit, which can cause eye soreness. If you're looking for a reader, I say Kindle.