Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

i've realized...

  • you'll notice i added the blogroll to the right side.  you're welcome (seriously, i thank myself - the tab was fun, but  i've missed a lot)
  • convinced that mother nature is a skinny biatch who wants me to die.  this morning my life flashed before my eyes 26 times due to torrential downpour during rush hour.  she likes to schedule rain on monday mornings - such a low blow.  give me a nice sunday afternoon thunderstorm all day - that's my lazy time.
  • it's slowly dawning on me that the days of traipsing into work at 8:45 are o.v.e.r.  oh, the joys of working at a small company - no more.  i have to start dragging ass out of bed earlier.  my hours at my new job are the same, and i'm frequently always late now...  new job is just next door to old job, so commute is the same.  
  •  was last week's episode of gossip girl a re-run?  i sat down last night to get caught up, and it was the first ep.  it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary if my dvr effed something up.  
  • yesterday i did fall "landscaping."  the newness has definitely worn off, and the husband, a.k.a. the professional, had a tough summer - we haven't touched the yard (except for the obligatory mow every now and then), and it shows.  the backyard is a total hot mess.  every time i go back there i get overwhelmed by the clutter, the dog toys, the dead plants, the weeds...i just hate it.  i tried to do some work in the front yesterday, but only got as far as the designated flower beds and pots before i gave in to my hangover and the keeping up with the kardashian's marathon.  
  • i need new clothes.  i think my last day with my current company will be a full week before i start with my new company.  i'll have to take that time to outfit myself in all things biz casual.  i've put a lot of focus on fun dresses and cardigans (although, i have a thing about cardigans - i just don't wear them well), but it's just so hard to say without having actually gone to work to feel it out.   while i'm not down with abandoning my style, i don't want to be too much (LK, maybe you can help me with this transition since this is something you just experienced?). 
  • i'm boycotting halloween this year.  pumpkins, costumes, candy - gone.  something must be wrong with me to do this, but i'm just not into it.  give me christmas.  that is a holiday i can get with.   we're going to a party this saturday for the georgia/florida game - and i heard a dirty rumor that costumes were involved.  call me a party pooper; i'm not wearing one.  

8 comments:

Paige said...

um i love that im on your blog roll and i totally jsut did a post about how much i hate nature.

Charbelle said...

I too love that I'm on your blog roll and I'm jealous over your Keeping up with the Kardashians marathon!!

LK said...

Girl. I was never successful. I looked like a mom circa 1992 every day. TG I have transitioned back into my suits. TG.

Erica said...

Yesss I made the blogroll! too bad I haven't updated in a week. I'm going to get on that asap. GG was in fact a rerun last week! Should be new tonight:) I'm a biz casual dresser in my current job, and it's not that bad! I tend to find some good deals at Loft, Limited, Banana. Good luck with the transition!

A said...

yay-yuh! you all made the blogroll!! now that i can actually see when you update, i should also comment on yours. thank you all for commenting on mine! :)

and E, thank you for the advice on where to go - i'm feeling a little naked without having to wear a blazer daily.

LK, moms circa 1992 never wore hawt booties, boyfriend cardigans, and layered necklaces...trust. ;)

McMel said...

gg was a rerun last week. i freaked out when NOTHING was on my dvr.

i love cardigans... maybe it's because i AM a hot mom. holllar

Kim said...

Our back and front yard have turned into total hot messes this year as well. I just gave up and am waiting for next year.

Slightly Undone said...

GG total rerun last week. Sads.

For business casual, I *always* end up at H&M. I've found a lot of cute fall basics there lately. And never underestimate the power of Nordstrom Rack. The one on Buckhead Loop with that TJMaxx blows my mind.

Then again, my work is all jeans and tee shirts ;)