Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

fitted

I'm biting the bullet and jumping on the leggings trend.

Don't I wish I looked this good in them?  
I did not buy the white ones...

Yesterday, while allowing my nails to dry at the nail salon, I flipped through the latest Victoria's Secret catalog.  These leggings, the Daily Leggings, were on sale for 2 for $30.  I also really liked that tube top (I live in stuff like this in the summer - sans the leggings - with fun necklaces), which was also on sale 2 for $30.  I made a mental note to order them from the website after consulting with a friend who has recently joined the masses and started wearing leggings. 

Here's the thing - everyone loves them.  Once you decide to jump in and feel like you're baring all, it becomes one of those situations where you say "why haven't I been wearing these all along?".... Apparently they are so comfortable, and once you find the ones that work for you, you're sold.  My girlfriend who recently joined the trend, bought similarly priced leggings with the same cotton/spandex ratio (95% cotton, 5% spandex).  She says they are amazingly comfortable, and she's lived in them this week during our snowpocalypse. 

We shall see... Where do you buy your favorite leggings? 

P.S.  None of my junk sold on Ebay.  Actually, the Steve Madden gladiators sold, but the chick wanted them by this Friday - and this was Monday, and I was iced in.  I had to let her know that it wouldn't happen and refund her money.  I guess I should probably post a disclaimer on my items to let these bidders know that I'm not carrying everything around in my car, and I work for a living, meaning the items aren't going to go out the same day the bidding wraps up unless it's a weekend.  So, I guess the fact that nothing sold either means I have terrible clothes or everything was priced too high.  If any of you missed the junk - or for those of you who think it was priced too high - I'll let you know when to check back.  I'm taking some of it to Plato's Closet, but the stuff with tags or the ones I've never worn will go back to Ebay. 

3 comments:

JD said...

Try a consignment shop maybe?


OMG You are spot on with the leggings post! Leggings are like Pringles - once you pop, you just can't stop. Perhaps I could have come up with a better analogy...

Ashley said...

I am def team leggings! So comfy. I lounge around the house in leggings and oversize tees all the time. I can't wait to see how you style them!

McMel said...

ah, i love leggings. they became my bff when i was pregnant and wearing pants was not an option!

say no to plato's closet. i hate those bastards. seriously. i know that's harsh, but i would rather goodwill my stuff and get nothing! i had a bad experience, needless to say