Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

year end

This year is quickly coming to an end.

Truthfully, I'm not as excited about the new year as usual...2010 was pretty good to me, and I'm reluctant to let it end so soon.  I know 2011 will be as fabulous as I want it to be....but there are so many changes happening in life right now, and it's scarrrrry...

For starters, I'll be 29 in two months.  I know 29 is not old, but it really seems like just yesterday I was 23.  Actually, just yesterday, I broke out a sorority t-shirt from 2001 - it was still in great shape to be almost 10 years old. 

My girlfriends are having babies.  The babies are coming - two bambinos from my core group of girlfriends due in 2011!  Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for them, and babies will be so exciting - but it's scary to think that we've reached that point in our lives.  The husband and I have had the discussion and it's not for us me quite yet, but we're I'm getting there.

My job is about to get rowdy.  I forget that I started during the holidays, and it was busy then...I'm taking advantage of this week's downtime.  My job will be on crack starting January 4th, and I'm scared.

So, with the rolling in of a new year, I'm feeling the urge to make some plans and changes, but as always, hesitant to share because I always fail to follow through...I thought I'd start 2011 with plans that should be pretty easy to stick to...

1.  Take more trips - long weekends, beach trips, road trips - I'm not discriminating. 

2.  Focus on decorating our house.  We need a new couch, new dining table and complete kitchen redo...I'll be putting less focus on my closet this year.

3.  Be healthier - and take advantage of my swanky new gym in. my. building.  There's no excuse!

4.  Get a handle on my job and learn where else I can fit in in my new organization - all a part of building my own professional network! 

I'm sure a few more will sneak on to this list, but I'm happy with keeping it simple...so, in case a post doesn't happen before 2011, Happy New Year, dear readers. 

2 comments:

McMel said...

those are pretty good resolutions- and there's no better time to do them than now. seriously. because they'll be a helluva lot harder w\ baby in tow. i wouldn't change having my babe for a second- but are there things i wish i had done before i had him that i feel i might never get to do- you betcha.

happy 2011!

Kim said...

Happy New Year! Those sound like great resolutions!