Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Megadesk


I'm working from home today and while the emails are slowing down for the holidays, I thought I'd blog.  I didn't so much enjoy blogging on my work computer the other night for fear the email/computer police were reading every word as I wrote - who knows?  I'm paranoid and prefer to blog it out in private so I can edit as I go.  
Today's post is going to be kind of bitch-fest.  No one reads this blog.  I have more followers than I do daily hits, and yeah, I write for myself, but  there's something to be said about a somewhat decent following.  It kind of keeps you going.  So, if I promise to write on a more regular basis, I wonder if some of my loyal readers wouldn't mind pimping me out?  I mean, this is pitiful.  

Did readers who followed me from kindredly enjoy kindredly more?  Should I fire up that site again, or would that be totally cheesy?  Should I start a completely new blog?  Should I hang it up?  Seriously, let's be honest here.  I got caught up on my girl, Slightly Undone this morning, and she always writes the best stuff - I just have a hard time being that candid about something like a hole in my butt - but how funny is that post (if you haven't read it, go - read - now).  

That's all.  I'm getting back to work at my Megadesk.  Think about these options.  Keep Junk or trash it?  


9 comments:

Katie said...

I always read your blog! Both Kindredly and Junk. Don't quit! You've always got something entertaining to say.

That said, you asked for input so I'll give you my honest opinion. I think on Kindredly you had a tendency to be a little more honest and that is (I think) what people probably liked about your blog. Whether it was a traffic rant, or a fun "I want everything Zara has in stock right now" post you are genuinely entertaining. It sometimes seems now like you are trying to edit what you say a little more. (Which, is totally understandable)

That isn't meant as criticism. Just my opinions! I hope you don't take it the wrong way because I really do like both blogs.

Merry Christmas!

A said...

No, I love it! :) Thank you!!!

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog said...

I feel like this all the time. I read your blog via my google reader. I only get maybe one or two comments on my blog a week. Maybe people are reading via their google readers so that's why I'm not seeing the hits. I don't know. I wonder if I should just hang it up as well. But I enjoy reading your blog, even though I rarely feel like I have anything worthwhile to comment. :)

Unknown said...

I love it, don't quit! :)

Serendipity. said...

Girl. I feel the same way...I have 30 followers. Lame. I LOVE your blogs-both of them. Don't quit, I would be devastated.

Ashley said...

Keep Junk. You felt that you couldn't be candid on Kindredly b/c people IRL knew about it. I've found that the best way is to try and schedule 3-4 posts for a week during the weekends. That way if you have time during the week, you can post more, but if you don't you still have something going.

I love your posts. You're witty and tongue-in-cheek where I can't be. Don't quit!

xoxo

Jules said...

I got behind on all of my blogs, but tonight when I decided to catch up, junk was the first place I went. I love either one of them. I think junk is kind of like a new phase in your life, so since you asked for a vote, I'd vote junk.

JD said...

Don't you dare quit. Thanks.

Slightly Undone said...

Awe, thanks for the shout out girl!

And DO NOT QUIT. Seriously, I will have to hunt you down at your new job :)