Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

two weeks later

Errr....sorry loyal readers.  The 20-something of you who so sweetly check this blog daily have come up with nothing.  Things here have been crazy.  I've visited this site to peruse my blogroll - but that's even rare - and each time, I decide against posting yet another post about how I'm so busy.  Clearly, I'm busy.  I have thought about making an official announcement about how the blog is dunzo, but who am I kidding?  I'll be back....and here I am! 

It's 7pm on the Tuesday before Christmas, and I'm writing this post while simultaneously checking my work email and handling things as they pop up.  Not to say that my old job was juvenile, but my new job is for big girls, and I've been completely consumed with rising to the challenge.

There are a few updates::
  • For starters, Ryan Reynolds and that hooch, Scarjo are OVER.  O.V.E.R.  wooooooooo!!!!  Literally, me and my new work friends were JUST talking about how weird they were as a couple - good looking, no less, but still weird - and BAM!  two days later, they announced their divorce.  New office friends might have thought I put a voodoo curse on their marriage at first, but I think I successfully backed them off that ledge.  P.S. Ryan's been spotted around the town recently filming a movie - IJS.
  • Zac Efron also split with that bratty looking girlfriend of his.  Oh happy day. I'm old enough to be his babysitter, but he's hot.  Can't help it. 
  • Moving off celebrities and on to the goings-on, I'm exhausted, but haven't been happier.  Things with my new job are just now starting to become somewhat second nature.  I don't squeeze the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white the whole way to work anymore.  I'm actually quite happy in my new role, and I'm happy I'm starting to feel more comfortable.  I was worried it would never happen.
  • I'm writing this post on my work laptop, and I just wonder if someone's reading it as I write - don't like this.
  • I think Mia, our chunky dog, is dehydrated from over consumption of chocolate bark.  She ate no less than 30 red velvet cake balls covered in white chocolate today.  At some point, she threw all of it up...all over my house, and now she's drinking water like it's going out of style.  Beagle up for adoption - taking applications now.
  • Isn't it funny how Christmas is so magical when you're little?  I'm working up until Christmas Eve and I'm probably going back to work on Monday.  I almost want to have a kiddo just so I can relive the magic vicariously through it. 
  • I think we're having a New Years Eve party at our house, but I don't know.  Isn't there something super strange about that?  Kind of need to prepare....
  • Remember when I told you I would be going to the gym every day because the big Corporate guys wouldn't let you ride into work whenever you felt like it?  Actually, that's not the case, and I haven't been to the gym even a handful of times.  Pathetic. 
I know there's more to say, but my brain is clouded with what's going on tomorrow and two glasses of wine.  Hopefully two weeks between posts isn't going to be the norm, but I make no promises. 

x's and o's, ya'll! 
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year, just in case.


\


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad you are back! I miss you!