Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

comatose

oh..my...gahhhhhhhhhhh.....!!!

I went out Saturday night with my fabulous girlfriends for Jamie's 30th Birthday.  Jamie's got a bun in the oven, so the non-pregnant girls decided we'd do enough drinking for ourselves...and Jamie...and maybe the bun if the bun came out an 20 year old frat boy. 

We started with dinner...and wine...then after dinner we took our ready-to-party selves to the Virginia Highlands where we proceeded to switch to liquor.  bad bad bad BAD.  I don't know?...ten drinks later?...I was blackout drunk.  I haven't gotten blackout drunk since........I can't remember.  I went through a whole phase in college where all I did was get blackout drunk.  The night would be a big giant black hole of "whatever happens happens, but I won't remember it tomorrow." 

Unfortunately, I didn't realize I was blackout drunk until the next morning when I felt like I'd been run over and then run over again by our minivan taxi cab.  It was just like a scene from The Hangover when Morgan pulled out her camera to a photo of me lying in the fetal position in the front yard of Chrissy's boyfriend's house...followed by one of me crawling toward the camera...all we can conclude is that I wallered around for a while because Morgan had enough wits about her to pull out her camera and snap photos of me. 

Yesterday was pretty much terrible.  Luckily, I made it home in once piece to the husband who was so on the same page with me.  We napped for hours, then lazed around...and low and behold, I woke up this morning still hungover.

Note to self - can't do my job when I'm hungover.  Just can't.
At one point today, crying almost happened...along with vomiting...why does getting older also mean two day hangovers??  This post feels very familiar...

4 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

We had our annual Christmas party on Saturday - full bar/bartender. :) Mr. Potts hates me the day after things like this because I don't get hungover.

But we did laze around yesterday too. Hope you'll feel better by tomorrow!

KatiePerk said...

The Adult 2 day hangover blows. I am sorry that happens but sounds like a fun eve!

Sarah said...

No. way. The exact same thing happened to me this wkd! Went out saturday night in buckhead then johnnys(???) to celebrate a friend's bday. I have not been blackout since I really don't know. And of course coworkers were present. ugh! No telling what went down. Last thing I knew I was dancing at EastA's and then I've had a brief flashback of the dude i rode with to johnnys backing into a cabbie in the parking lot...did I mention i had to catch a 6pm flight out of atl the next day for work? Needless to say I upchucked on the way out the door to the airport...the flight was delayed like 53 hrs...woke up this morning still feeling hungover as hell. Anways just had to comment bc I totally feel your pain. ps. first time commenter! whooop

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i discovered this site.Added lovethisjunk.blogspot.com to my bookmark!